Tuesday, May 05, 2015

10 Random Things

1. The boys took naps that overlapped by about 20 minutes today. Happy Mother's Day to me!!


2. Martin was able to open the cap for the Claritin and I had to call poison control for the first time today. Thankfully, he is doing well. 

3. My brother graduates as an officer in the coast guard tomorrow. I am so proud of him. So proud. We haven't seen him in 17 weeks. I can't wait to see him again. 

4. My sister is having a boy! That makes three grandsons for my parents. I know Martin and Warren will love him. I look forward to them all playing together at family holidays. 

5. My baby sister graduates from Air Force boot camp on Friday. I am also proud of her. I can't believe she is almost finished. 

6. I am making pork stuffed with apples, cranberries, ginger, and a few other things for dinner tonight. The grocery store didn't have dried apples last night so I made my own. 


7. I didn't have kitchen twine, so I cut some strips of muslin to tie the pork roast together. It seems to work. I will let you know once I cook it. If it is delicious, like I think it will be, I will post the recipe. 

8. I finished The Hobbit and I am now reading  The Tale of Two Cities. I love Charles Dickens. Jared is reading Little Dorrit, which he says is fabulous so that might be one of my next books. However, it is 862 pages. So... I don't know if I can get through it. 

9. Potty training is going well. Martin does this little happy dance every time he uses the potty. It is cute. Some days we have zero accidents, but most days we have one. But it is so much better than changing diapers. 


10. It is a bit too warm for me. I like the temperature in the 50-70 degree range. Boo summer. Although, Martin keeps seeing pictures of the beach and asking to go with his aunt and uncle. That will be fun. I am so glad he loves my siblings. What fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?