Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Spatchcocked, Pan Roasted Chicken


I made this recipe for dinner tonight and I highly recommend it. It might be another meal I start to take people. 

http://www.thefrugalgirl.com/2014/11/how-to-make-a-spatchcocked-salted-pan-roasted-chicken/

I was going to post instructions, but thefrugalgirl does such a great job. Go visit her blog and read the recipe, complete with more pictures than I ever post. 

The great thing about this recipe is that it only takes 45 minutes to cook. You could easily throw the chicken and seasonings together and let it brine overnight. I let mine brine for the minimum of 4 hours and it was still tasty. It is amazing that simply salt, pepper, and paprika give you such a delicious flavor. 

One last note, I rubbed the seasonings under the skin and on top of it. 

We eat this with green beans, salad, and rice. I toast almonds and garlic and add them to green beans dry roasted in a pan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?