Friday, January 23, 2015

Pea Coat

My pea coat, which my dad and I bought at least 8 or 9 years ago, while shopping at the outlets, a 2 or 3 time a year fun outing, is finally showing a bunch of stains. So I am attempting to dye it purple.  It is drying now. It turned out all different shades of purple since it didn't have enough room in the pot to absorb the dye evenly.  I guess I will see what it looks like in the morning. If it turns out poorly, I can always dye it black in the washer. 

One thing is for sure, my hands are a nice purple color. 

Before - I am sorry to see this light blue go, it has been a good friend, but the stains were getting out of hand. I thought about having it dry cleaned, but I figured 3 and 4 year old stains don't come out that easily. I should have had it dry cleaned every year. 

P.s. I am so thankful for my Dad. I don't think he had a lot of fun shopping, but it was always great to spend time with him. We would grab lunch at Grottos pizza and go to all our favorite outlet stores. I will always remember those trips fondly. They were wonderful. I hope I can make such sweet memories with my children. :)  I love my dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?