Monday, January 19, 2015

I Changed the Locks

Ask me how many times I have fixed or replaced things around our house. I will tell you that I can count on one hand the times.  Now for being an engineer and someone go loves to take things apart and solve puzzles, I think this is a shame. 

So when our door locks stopped working  on Friday and Jared didn't have time to replace them because he had way too many other things on his plate this weekend, I replaced them. 

Honestly, because I haven't done a lot of fiddling with things recently, I was a bit scared that I might mess something up at first. It took me a while to start, but somehow the second door took longer than the first door... Maybe because I kept leaving to go check on dinner and lost my place. 

Anyhow, I am glad I was able to replace them and that they work now. I am also inspired to tinker with my windshield wipers that stopped working during yesterday's giant rainstorm. 

I'll keep you posted. Have you fixed, repaired, replaced, or saved anything recently? What was the hardest part? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?