Thursday, January 01, 2015

Bible Reading Plans

I saw this on the Gospel Coalition Blog a week ago and thought it was useful. 

http://www.ligonier.org/blog/bible-reading-plans/ 

It is a summary of a bunch of Bible reading plans for the year. 

I just finished the Robert Murray M'Cheyne reading plan for last year. It was a lot of reading. Four chapters a day was rough some days, especially when you miss a day and have to read eight. I am glad I made it through, but I didn't feel like I could digest what I was reading because I was reading so much. This year I am going to try the 5x5x5 plan. 

Last year I focused on just getting in the routine of reading my Bible EVERY day. I missed a few, but overall it was good. This year I want to focus more on studying and meditating on passages. I don't plan on following it exactly 5 days on, 2 days off. 

As a mom I find that some days both boys get up super early (which is normally when I read my Bible with a nice cup of tea) and we run around all day doing thigs and it isn't until right before bed that I realize, I never found time to catch up and read my Bible. I am going to use the empty days for those times. So it might be 3 days on, 1 day off, 8 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on...etc. We will see how it works. 

What plan are you doing this year? 

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a Bible reading plan, but I think that I will try one for this year, to help keep me on track. Thanks for the links!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?