Wednesday, November 05, 2014

I will get back to blogging about projects and meals in a few weeks. Right now I am just enjoying my two boys. Martin and I play a lot while the baby sleeps. 

My mom watched Martin while I went to Warren's first doctor visit this afternoon. He has already gained 11 ounces since we left the hospital and is 5 ounces past his birth weight!! What?!? He is growing so fast. 

While I was gone my mom pulled down the tinker toys for Martin to play with. They are my old set and one my ultimate favorite toys! I love toys that can turn into many different things. I am glad my son seems to enjoy them as well. 

This evening he kept playing with them and built a drill (seen below) which he went around and screwed in every screw he could find in the house. He has been watching us work on the house apparently. He even makes a little drilling noise when he touches each screw. It is funny. 


He also made a vacuum and guitar (which I only figured out after he pointed to a picture of one in a book and started imitating the person playing it). I am glad he is creative. I hope it continues. 

We ate our morning snack inside a fort made of pillows. This is one of our favorite things to do. I try to only build one about once a week so that he doesn't get bored of them. I look forward to when Warren can join in. :) 

Thanks bunches to Dasha for a meal tonight. It was perfect. I think I am coming down with a cold and the salad and grilled chicken really hit the spot. I had cooked up some broccoli and green beans from our CSA bin (because they needed to be used) and it went perfectly with the rice. Martin was a huge fan. 

Currently, I am holding the baby and sipping some tea while I wait for Jared to come home. I am very thankful for all my caring friends and wonderful family. We feel so loved and taken care of. Thank you!! 

2 comments:

  1. YOU are the one that's a blessing to everyone. I should be thanking you for finally giving me a little opportunity to serve you for a change. You're always so kind and giving to our family. Glad you're loving your days as a mom of two. Love you, Sheltons!

    ps - oh, and the rise was spiced with Saffron - that was the main thing in it. Also, cumin, tamarac, salt and pepper. I think. And lots of butter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are the one that's a blessing to everyone. I should be thanking you for finally giving me a little opportunity to serve you for a change. You're always so kind and giving to our family. Glad you're loving your days as a mom of two. Love you, Sheltons!

    ps - oh, and the rise was spiced with Saffron - that was the main thing in it. Also, cumin, tamarac, salt and pepper. I think. And lots of butter :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
What do you think?